Thursday, January 15, 2009

I've almost finished reading Phil but sorry girls, due to my lack of time on the internet, I didn't get a chance to post up my journey with God. I did jog them down though =D You know, Philippians is probably the book out of the bible that I've read the most...another is probably John (the first book I've read in the bible) =)

Something that the Holy Spirit spoke to me when I read through Philipplians 1 is 'partnership in sharing the gospel'. Paul is a great apostle & powerful preacher in delivering God's message and the gospel (1 Cor 2:1-4 - Partnership with God in that context!), however, he does not consider God's work to be a one man show, rather, partnering with the church. Partnering can have positive and negative effects - if the church brings great support Paul in prayer, finance or even just simply walking rightly with the Lord (as a good testimony) then it will give Paul's preaching of the gospel the evidence of God's love, grace, goodness and the evidence of the living God to whoever he shares to. On the other hand, if the church does not conduct themselves in a manner worthy of the gospel, divided and not in agreement then it presents a gospel that does not work in the real world and no transformation God has done to His people in which no one would ever want to know and believe.

We, as Christians, impact on how effective the gospel would be shared around this world - not only to those whom we are sharing to but even to those our brothers and sisters are sharing to at the other end of the earth. What kind of partnership in the gospel are we presenting today?

Wanting to be a good and faithful partner with Christ and His church~ Pei

penned at 7:47 PM

Judah 8 Chicks


Share your life/thoughts/inspirations with each other here.
Jesus is our firm foundation!
ROCK ON girls!

What's happening?



Best-selling Book in Da World



Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Tag me!



Fellow Bloggers


Girls, God & the Good Life


Empowering Tools

Studylight
Biblegateway