14 "Because of my chains, most of the brothers in the Lord have been encouraged to speak the word of God more courageously and fearlessly". 20 " I eagerlyexpect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death".
My favourite character in the Bible is Daniel - but Paul is a man whose extraordinary character i truly truly admire. From a man who persecuted those who seeked to spread the gospel, he was persecuted for the gospel.
I cannot boldly say that I want to be persecuted for spreading the gospel as Paul was but I can boldly say that I want to speak the word of God more courageously and fearlessly this year! One of my new year resolutions for 2009 (or rather things i intend to achieve this year) is to be more intentional about sharing the word of God to the people around me. I don't mean intentional by ulterior motives whatsoever but intentional in the sense of having a goal/purpose of doing so in mind.
During our mission trip to Woollonggong last year, I learnt that opportunities will not always present itself twice and we should cease every opportunity possible when it presents itself. Never take for granted that there will always be another chance, or if we do not do what we should for someone else, another person down the road will do it for them (i.e especially in sharing the gospel!)
What a way to start the new year with not only an inspiring book in the Bible but also an inspiring character! For me, the challenge will be to make the most out of my holidays in Malaysia-and one of the many ways to do so is to share the gospel with my friends here whom I am comfortable with and have known since high school, but yet I never took that initiative in doing so. Could it be fear of rejection? Could it be fear of awkwardness? Or do I just not love and care enough about these people whom I claim are my 'friends'?
I pray that I will be able to speak the word of God more courageously and fearlessly as Paul did when faced with the opportunity to do so...
Ann-Louise
penned at 4:30 PM
Judah 8 Chicks
Share your life/thoughts/inspirations with each other here.
Jesus is our firm foundation!
ROCK ON girls!