Friday, March 20, 2009

Eli, knowing his son's sins & failed to restrain them, is soft hearted to his sons yet not blinded by their wrongdoings. He knows that God is God, He will judge and His word will come through. Samuel, simply a boy but as he received God's word, Eli (being His teacher or discipler) is humble to receive the word from Samuel as He knows the word comes from the Lord. Maturity and hearing from God do not depend on ages or status, they are a result of keeping ourselves right before God & close to God.

There is no other person in this world who knows what is truly good apart from God. After hearing of the judgment, Eli simply said 'He is the Lord, let Him do what is good in His eyes.' God sees all things, knows all things & thus knows what is good for someone and for a time. Eli knows there is no way he can escape the judgment of God as God is God. All he could do was simply to continue to submit to God. What happens when God tells us that He will judge us for something that we've thought of, said, done? For myself, I think I'll try to explain myself first...'God, it is because of this and that's why I've reacted that way...God, I have the right to react this way, why should I let others treat me this way...God, I was provoked' =D but these are useless but at the end God is the judge and not me. I have no say in the judgment & it is different from the law courts here on earth as God will not be swayed by arguments or persuasion because He knows all things, He knows the good and the evil, He is God! I'm sure Eli does not rejoice in God's judgment but he knows that God is the one who knows and determines what is good to be done, even to judge him and his family. God is sovereign.

penned at 5:11 PM

Judah 8 Chicks


Share your life/thoughts/inspirations with each other here.
Jesus is our firm foundation!
ROCK ON girls!

What's happening?



Best-selling Book in Da World



Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Tag me!



Fellow Bloggers


Girls, God & the Good Life


Empowering Tools

Studylight
Biblegateway